Congratulations! We are pleased to offer you our facilities, human resources, and experience as you enter married life, defined in scripture as a heterosexual, monogamous relationship (i.e., Genesis 2:4). Our mutual support and teamwork will help make your wedding a beautiful and wonderful celebration. We are happy to provide:
Church wedding base fee of $895.00 includes:
• Building rental
• Pre-Wedding meetings with pastor
• Marriage handbook and counseling guide
• Rehearsal fees
• Professional sound & lighting technicians
• Use of our piano and organ/keyboard and church CDs
• Church personnel required at all weddings
• All custodian fees
• Tables for guest book and gifts/pictures.
• Pastor’s honorarium
New Facilities…. Our new worship center seats approximately 400. Our 3,000 sq. ft foyer features 25' ceilings, tile and granite floors, beautiful furnishings and lighting—a perfect setting to welcome wedding guests.
Central Location…. We are located at 1021 Campbell Road next the Spring Valley Park; one block north of 1-10 in the Memorial/Spring Valley area. We are centrally located between the 610 West Loop and the Beltway.
Experience and Flexibility…. Grace Community Church is an interdenominational church. Pastor Rick Minett has been the senior pastor for 31 years and has performed over 600 weddings in his 40-year ministerial career. We permit Friday evening and Sunday afternoon/evening weddings, as well as all day on Saturday.
Before You Begin…. Call the church office (713/465-4252) and set up an appointment with the pastor. During this meeting he will talk to you about your wedding plans, set a date on the church calendar and provide you with helpful planning tools. A second meeting with the pastor will be required prior to the wedding in order to confirm the order of service, the selection of music, and address questions and concerns.
Wedding Rehearsal Date… If a rehearsal is needed, it will be scheduled from 6 p.m. - 6:45 p.m. the evening before the ceremony. Our pastor will be present at the rehearsal, but is unable to attend rehearsal dinners. The sound and lighting technicians are unavailable for rehearsals.
Things To Remember….
• The buildings are open two hours before the wedding (all deliveries should be made with this in mind).
• The bride and her attendants may dress at the church in a designated room. Groomsmen should come dressed.
• Flower girls should only toss artificial flower petals instead of real flower petals. Real petals can stain the carpet.
• Children under the age of nine are permitted in the processional only. After the processional, all children under the age of nine must be seated among the congregation.
• We DO NOT permit wedding guests to throw rice, birdseed, or confetti on the church property.
• Nothing may be attached to any wall.
• You are responsible for the conduct of your guests. Many couples have found it helpful to ask a responsible person or relative to help direct or oversee the wedding guests.
• For the safety of our children, we are not allowed to unlock the nursery during weddings or rehearsals.
• Instruments cannot be moved from their current placement for any reason.
• Couples are responsible to secure their own flowers, unity candle/sand elements, candelabras and other decorations.
• All candles must be placed in glass enclosures.
• All decorations must be approved beforehand.
A $200 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve a date on the church calendar, leaving a balance of $695.00 which must be paid one day prior to your wedding. All checks should be made out to Grace Community Weddings.
Grace Community Church does not permit drinking, smoking or dancing on the church premises.
Receptions…. Receptions are not permitted at the church.